DOES YOUR DOG DO THIS?
- Barks or growls at people, dogs, other animals, moving objects including but not limited to vehicles, etc.
- Grabs or bites people, dogs, or other animals, etc.
- Becomes scared of people or dogs to the point of cowering or jumping all over the owner to get away
- Is protective over you (excludes dogs specifically trained in personal protection by a professional)
- Becomes aggressive over food, toys, or specific areas
- Becomes aggressive randomly
- Aggressive towards specific genders, races, facial hair, hats, clothing styles, etc.
- Has extreme anxiety
- Chases and becomes aggressive towards moving objects, people, or other animals
TYPES OF BEHAVIOR ISSUES
Fear Aggression (Dogs, People, Etc.)
Aggression based out of fear due to previous history or lack of exposure. Can be extremely specific (Example: Aggression towards any Caucasian male with a beard and a red hat).
Possessive Aggression (Territorial Aggression and/or Resource Guarding)
Aggression based on the desire/need to control an area, person, object, or resource, etc.
A less common form of aggression where a dog will become aggressive at any time when it decides it does not like something or does not want to do something.
Prey Drive Aggression
Aggression towards moving objects, animals, people etc. due to a strong prey drive.
Anxiety due to separation from people, animals, or familiar places.